Stop by Alticast's itvTEA stand for a coffee, then stroll over to watch Alticast's Susan Crouse speak on the panel "Open to Innovation: Enabling the Evolution of Pay TV". Here is a description:
Following on the heels of the Cable RDK Fireside, this session will bring together leading technology vendors to discuss how they are adapting to meet the evolving needs of pay-TV operators, as those operators adopt open-source technologies and move beyond the set-top box to embrace multiple connected platforms and enhance their traditional content line-up with a range of online and mobile content and services.
Panelists will answer such questions as: How significant a development is cable's embrace of the RDK and how are you addressing this? How are you innovating--what new developments do you see happening in the pay-TV space over the coming months and years and how do you plan to respond to those developments? How are you building a developer community? In what ways do you feel that the UI/UX of pay-TV services needs to evolve--how will subscribers find the content that interests them? How significant a role will cloud-based approaches play in the future of the pay-TV platform? And what do you see as the principal threats to pay TV and how are you helping counter them? Panelists include:
- Sefy Ariely, EVP Americas, Viaccess-Orca
- Susan Crouse, Technical Product Owner, Alticast
- James Field, Ecosystem Manager, Service Provider Video Technology Group, Cisco
- Adrian Fowkes, CTO, S&T Americas
- Dan Patton, Director of Multiscreen Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent
- Jay Tannenbaum, VP of Marketing, Sling Media
- John Tinsman, CTO, OpenTV
We look forward to seeing you there!